How to use XAMPP & IIS together? Well, working together on both IIS & XAMPP can really be a tricky task for beginners. The main aim of this article is to help beginners to get XAMPP Apache Server and IIS server works together. Since port 80 is also used by IIS, we need to change XAMPP port 80 to another port number which is not used by any other service.
XAMPP: XAMPP is a free and open source cross-platform web server developed by Apache Friends. It is a simple, lightweight distribution that makes it extremely easy for developers to create a local web server for testing purposes.
IIS: IIS stands for Internet Information Services (formerly Internet Information Server). It is a web server developed by Microsoft which is used for development and testing purposes. It supports HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, FTPS, SMTP and NNTP.
Steps Required To Run XAMPP & IIS together
1. Download XAMPP and proceed with the installation process.
2. Once the installation is successfully completed, you need to go to this directory inside your XAMPP folder:
3. Search for
Listen 80 and replace it with
4. Now, search for
ServerName localhost:80 and replace it with
5. Save this file and close it.
6. After completing these steps, go to this directory:
7. Search for
Listen 443 and replace it with
8. Now, search for
VirtualHost _default_:443> and replace it with
9. Search for
ServerName localhost:443 and replace it with
10. You are done with the configuration, now you can save & close the file.
Now, you can run your XAMPP & IIS together.
You may also like these resources on Server & Deployment:
- How To Install MongoDB On Ubuntu 18.04 LTE
- How To Install Nginx On Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTE, 16.04, 14.04
- How To Install LAMP Stack On Ubuntu
- How To Install LEMP Stack On Ubuntu 16.04
- URL Redirects: 302 Redirect Vs 301 Redirect
- How To Install WordPress On Ubuntu 18.04 LTE – LEMP Stack
- How To Install Let’s Encrypt SSL On Ubuntu 18.04 & 16.04, 14.04 LTS
Hope you will find this tutorial on how to run XAMPP & IIS together on same Machine useful.
Do share your views in the comment section below and feel free to contact me if you face any difficulty to run XAMPP & IIS together.